[Mailman-Users] mailmain starting twice

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:27:38 CET 2008

Hello,

I am using mailman 2.1.9 on a FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE. My rc.conf only has
one mailman entry defined:

$ cat /etc/rc.conf |grep -c mailman
1

$ cat /etc/rc.conf |grep mailman
mailman_enable="YES"

However, when I restart the system, there are 16 qrunners. When I do
/usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl stop it shuts down 8 qrunners,
leaving the others 8 running. When I repeat the procedure, it asks me
that perhaps the qrunners aren't running (no pid) but greping ps ax
shows 8 qrunners active. In the end I had to kill the master qrunner
to make the other qrunners disappear. Then I started mailman manually
and it worked as expcted (showing 8 qrunners in process list).

Any advice how to debug this? Other than that Mailman has been running great!

Thank you!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot