[Mailman-Users] RFC: X-Archive header fields

Wed Feb 13 13:00:21 CET 2008

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would think X-Archive-Thread and
X-Archive-Mail would make sense. They could point the user to the
permanent archive location of both the thread and the email they are
reading. This would be useful beyond mailing lists, for example ticket
systems could use this as well.

Has this been done and abandoned? Is this viable? Would _you_ want to
use it?

And yes, I am aware of the possible abuse for spam if this were widely
implemented. Whitelists and other mechanisms could help there, though.

Best regards,
Richard

P.S.: I am not fixed on those names, they just make sense, to me.