[Mailman-Users] Sending MovableType notifications via Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 13 02:44:58 CET 2008

Eric Lee wrote:

>I just checked and unfortunately, both the variables are set as you
>suggested -- generic_nonmember_action  is 'hold' and forward_auto_discards
>is 'yes'.  But I'm not getting any error messages back.  Any other ideas?

Yes. My next idea is the mail isn't getting to Mailman at all. You said
that you can mail the list directly, and it works so that doesn't
leave too many possibilities.

Where do the MovableType notifications come from? Inside a local
network or outside? Whichever it is, can you send mail to the list
from the same source? And are you absolutely certain the MovableType
messages are being sent to the correct list address?

Debugging this further may require access to MTA logs on the Mailman
host and the MovableType host.