[Mailman-Users] Sending MovableType notifications via Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 12 18:10:22 CET 2008

Eric Lee wrote:

>So why is Mailman treating one (sent via the email client) as a submission
>to the list, to be moderated, and the other (sent to the same address via
>MovableType) isn't treated this way.  What could be the difference?

The envelope sender and the Sender:, From: and Reply-To: headers all
potentially affect whether a message is accepted or not.

I could be wrong, but I suspect you  have generic_nonmember_action set
to Discard, and the messages from MovableType are being discarded as
non-member posts. If this is the case, there will be 'Message
discarded' entries in Mailman's vette log, but they will only tell you
the message was discarded, not why. If you set forward_auto_discards
to Yes, you will receive a discard notice containing the message which
may help you determine what the problem is.