[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Groupwise

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Feb 11 17:10:58 CET 2008

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Adam Gabriel wrote:
> Greetings all!
> Will mailman function with Groupwise as an MTA? I'm not too clear as to how mailman communicates with the mta, so I couldn't see an obvious way of doing this (Any docs for a non-python coder that might elaborate?). I want to run a list on my groupwise mailserver (I want to avoid another whole box if I can) but I don't think I could make 2 MTAs live on the same boxes nicely. Any thoughts?

Mailman should function with any MTA that plays by the usual SMTP rules.
OTOH, it might be easier in the long run to use postfix with mailman,
and have postfix direct everything into groupwise.  (OTOH, you won't
get the mailman aliases into the groupwise address book.)

z!
who actuallly hasn't touched groupwise in  a long time