[Mailman-Users] Pending messages disappeared from admindb

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Mon Feb 11 00:30:51 CET 2008

I use mailman-2.1.9-2 from RHEL5.

I was renaming a list according to the instructions in the FAQ.  The
last step there refers to moving pending requests in the qfiles
directory, which doesn't appear to apply in 2.1.9.  But in trying to
figure out if there was anything I did need to do, I renamed the
files /var/lib/mailman/data/heldmsg-oldlist-*.pck to
heldmsg-newlist-*.pck, then renamed them back to their original names.
After the first rename, the messages appeared in the admindb screen, but
only the sender addresses appeared for each message.  After the second
rename, the messages disappeared from the admindb screen altogether.

I checked another renamed list, and without renaming the held messages,
they all appeared in the new admindb screen.  So I guess the right
action would have been not to rename.  But now that it's done, how can I
restore the pending messages in the first list so they appear in the
admindb screen?

Thanks.
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Mathematical Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs