[Mailman-Users] cron/senddigests - error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 8 22:01:31 CET 2008

Con Wieland wrote:

>Your right on. I found the list but it has has been around for a long
>time and has a very large archive. Any ideas on how to narrow down
>the search? I'm not real sure where I'm looking for this.

The problem message is in the lists/<listname>/digest.mbox file, not in
the archive (well, it's probably in the archive too, but it's not
causing a problem there).

You need to open the digest.mbox with an editor that won't rewrap the
lines (i.e. not a word processor).

You are looking for an RFC 2231 encoded field that will have pieces
maybe like

  filename*0*='us-ascii'en'some_text_including_an_apostrophe'
  filename*1*=or_maybe_an_apostrophe'_in_a_continuation

The parameter may not be filename and the character set and language
may be empty or other than 'us-ascii'en', but there will be an
apostrophe somewhere after the first 3.

There may be more than one such, e.g. a filename in one header and a
name in another.

Remove the extra apostrophes and save the file and it should be OK.