[Mailman-Users] Non-members seemingly able to post

Robert Boyd Skipper robert at skipperweb.org
Wed Feb 6 23:40:56 CET 2008

Mark:

Thank you for this information.  The headers don't seem to be the problem, as they
contain non-member emails.  I don't have direct access to the mm_cfg.py file, and I
can't find a user_envelope_sender in the web-based administration pages.  So I haven't
checked into that.

However, I do have one more fact that may be relevant.  I just received another spam
posting that got through.  It and the previous one both have emails that begin with an
underscore: _pearl at absinth.com and _nlahtien at musikverein-altenhof.de
So, as a possible quick fix, I've set the Spam filter rule 1 to the following

from: _.*@.*

Maybe this will work?

Skipper

--