[Mailman-Users] how to remove list that has a name starting withwhitespace?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 6 23:12:24 CET 2008

peter pilsl wrote:

>I've a list on my system starting with " " and I cannot remove it.
>
># /usr/local/mailman/bin/list_lists -b | grep "^ "
>  mystupidlist
>
>I tried
>
>rmlist ' mystupidlist'
>rmlist " mystupidlist"
>rmlist "\ mystupidlist"
>rmlist \ mystupidlist
>
>without success. Always a error like:
>
>No such list: \ mystupidlist

bin/rmlist can't (as you've discovered) remove a list with a leading or
trailing space. You could try patching rmlist by changing the 9th line
in the main() function from

    listname = args[0].lower().strip()

    listname = args[0].lower()

but it is probably easier to just do

rm -r lists/\ mystupidlist

The real question is do you know how you managed to create this list?
That looks like a hole we need to plug.