[Mailman-Users] Setting Someones Initial Password

Dylan Jenkinson djenkins at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Feb 6 21:29:32 CET 2008

Hi there,

Having figured out how to subscribe people using the
http://[listdomian]/admin/inex/members/add?subscribees=[subscriber
email]&adminpw=[admin password] method (thanks guys), I am now needing
to find a way to set the users initial password. It seems that Mailman
auto generates the passwords, but I'm trying to find a way to set the
users password to the same as their passwords used on the rest of the site.

I have tried constructing a URL similar to the last problem, but while
it lets me into the users options, it doesn't actually change their
password. I have tried the following:

http://[istdomain]/options/inex/[emailsddress]?adminpw=[adminpw]&newpw=[newpw]&confpw=[newpw]
http://[istdomain]/options/inex/[emailsddress]?password=[adminpw]&newpw=[newpw]&confpw=[newpw]
http://[istdomain]/options/inex/[emailsddress]?newpw=[newpw]&confpw=[newpw]&adminpw=[adminpw]
http://[istdomain]/options/inex/[emailsddress]?newpw=[newpw]&confpw=[newpw]&password=[adminpw]

Could anyone: A) Show me what the actually string would be, or B) tell
me a way to set the initial password for a user when you mass subscrbie
them.

Thanks,

Dylan Jenkinson