[Mailman-Users] yet another message filtering question

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Dec 31 18:06:10 CET 2008

on 12/30/08 10:03 PM, Alex said:

> Now to the first part - the key word was 'all' - is there a wildcard for
> <content filtering> - <Remove message attachments that have a matching
> filename extension> field that will cover all and any attachment
> filename extension?

Unfortunately, no.

You can try using the other field, where you specify the attachment
types you will allow.  All others will be stripped.

> Or what would be the best way to remove all attachments in Mailman
> without installing any more software - i'm surprised i got this far as
> it is and don't want to push my luck.

You could also do attachment stripping inside your MTA, or in another
program that gets called by your MTA before it calls Mailman.  There are
programs with names like "demime" and "stripmime" which might be helpful
here.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out