[Mailman-Users] help files

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Wed Dec 31 07:55:07 CET 2008

On 12/30/2008 12:01 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> You're talking to the wrong people. The problem is that the Mailman
> web interface and other documentation currently contains links to
> documentation on the python.org web site. These links have been
> broken by changes at python.org, a site over which we Mailman folks
> have no control and little influence.

I'm really talking to (at) both sets of web developers / maintainers.
Such a system should really be in place on both the Mailman /and/
Python.org web sites.

However I do think that the Mailman documentation maintainers should
point to web pages that they do have more control over.  In my opinion
it is bad form to point to something that you do not control and thus
can't rely on.

> The only way redirects help us is in defending against the *next*
> change at python.org, we could change our links now to go to a site
> we do control and redirect from there to python.org. Then next time,
> we would only have to change the redirects.

*Exactly!*

I think this is what /should/ be done.  And what I was (poorly) trying
to get at.  So, the offer for help with Apache / PHP / DB code is still
applicable and still stands.  :)

Grant. . . .