[Mailman-Users] The economics of spam and OT:

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Dec 25 04:46:12 CET 2008

Alex writes:

 > Well, Comcast just blocked port 25 at my house and required to use port 587
 > for outgoing mail. I guess charging money per email is next?

No, why do you think that follows?  Blocking port 25 simply means that
you can't spam without going through Comcast.  If they thought that
charging money made sense, they'd simply charge you for throughput on
that port, or maybe by the SYN packet.

Anyway, this is way off topic, and I'm going to shut up now on this
list.  If people have a more appropriate forum, I'd happily accept an
invite.

Steve aka "Unwelcome Guest" :-) on alioth and /.