[Mailman-Users] Removing moderation flag via the command line

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Tue Dec 23 19:32:21 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> Joe Auty wrote:
> <snip>
>>> This does not
>>> actually remove the flag for this address - posting to the list by this
>>> address still gets a bounce back saying that moderator approval is required.
>

> What is the reason why the post is held? Is it "Post by moderated
> member" or some other reason?

"Post to moderated list"

Does this change the advice you gave me? Sorry, I'm a little confused
sorting out the distinction between moderators, the moderator flag, a
moderated list, etc. Was my original description of my problem (wanting
to remove the moderator flag) accurate in terms of the problem I'm
trying to solve? I've been wondering if what I've been actually
accomplishing in my command is just allowing people the ability to
moderate other content - approving held messages. Are people that can do
this moderators, and is the moderator flag used for defining who is a
moderator, or who can post to a moderated list?

I simply want to accomplish the CLI equivalent of unchecking the "mod"
checkbox in the membership list within the web interface.

--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
joe at netmusician.org