[Mailman-Users] mutiple senders listed

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 24 01:35:34 CET 2008

Cameron Camp wrote:

>It's a server running only postfix and mailman, with an apache frontend
>for mailman. It runs multiple lists, and this is the only problem it
>seems to have, so it gets blocked by some recipients.

Mailman sends mail with an envelope sender (Return-Path:) of
LISTNAME-bounces at example.com.

Mailman doesn't rewrite From: headers unless the list is configured as
anonymous in which case the From: is rewritten to LISTNAME at example.com.

If you are sure these messages are coming from Mailman, post the
complete raw headers of a message here, and we'll try to figure out
what's going on.

Note other headers you will always find in messages from Mailman

And headers you may find depending on list configuration