[Mailman-Users] Posts from listowner address issue

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Sat Dec 20 18:48:33 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 11:30 -0600, J.A. Terranson wrote:
> listowner address sends a "Maintenance Over" message to a bunch of
> machines/lists.

It's not coming from Mailman.  Are your list/list-owner addresses
possibly referenced in a boot script?

> On one machine with 4 lists, owneraddress posting shows up in archives,
> but owner never sees copy, nor any postings from this list (while shecking
> archives I realized the list was very active, but I was not seeing the
> posts being distributed).

I assume you're subscribed, and your traffic turned on.  Just because
you're the list owner doesn't mean you get the list traffic.

> Looking in logs/smtp, I see no sign of the messages from owner that are
> clearly in the archives!  In logs/error, I see that when the machine came
> up there are intermittent errors that look like:
>
> Dec 20 01:35:17 2008 (633) Uncaught runner exception: [Errno 2] No such
> file or directory:
> '/usr/home/crippen/mailman/qfiles/virgin/1229758515.53407+f7dd7f3e72a65eb8764166694ac958f0d9335dcf.pck'

'/usr/home/crippen/' is very non-standard FSH.  Normally one would
expect '/home/crippen'.  Is this actually how things are configured?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at