[Mailman-Users] Weekly digests - was: Integration with PHP

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 18 18:08:16 CET 2008

Alberto Pereira wrote:

>I'm trying to find a way to send weekly digests to specific users. I could
>write a bunch of code to store the specified users, check the dates on
>emails and send them once a week with a cron job, but is there a easier way
>to do that?

If you wanted to send digests weekly to ALL digest members of ALL lists
with periodic digests, all you'd need to do is set the list's Digest
options -> digest_size_threshhold to a large value and change
Mailman's crontab to run cron/send-digests weekly.

Otherwise, you're stuck with implementing your own digest process.