[Mailman-Users] Sender Rejected Emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 15 23:52:40 CET 2008

Michael Curtis wrote:

>I have an announce only mailing list setup up on Leopard Server
>10.5.5. It works fine except I want to send moderated users an email
>to say they can't send to this list. In the sender filters I have all
>new users are moderated set to yes. Moderated posts are set to reject
>and I have some reject text in the box. That email is never sent back
>to the user.
>
>If I change the reject to hold, I do get the email sent to the
>moderator asking for the email to be released. Also, if I send an
>email as a non member, I do get the email I setup saying you are not a
>member and explaining how to join.

It should work. It uses the identical process as the non-member reject;
only the message text is different.

What Mailman version is this, and is it Apple's package or installed
from source?

Is there a "discarded" entry in Mailman's vette log?

If this is Apple's Mailman, are you setting the
member_moderation_action using the web admin interface or Apple's GUI?