[Mailman-Users] postfix integration question

Mark A. Olbert Mark at arcabama.com
Tue Dec 9 18:16:08 CET 2008

I'm running into a GID problem in the interface between mailman and postfix. Here's the error message:

(Command died with status 2: "/usr/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman". Command output: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group "nogroup".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=nogroup'.)

In googling the problem I came across one purported solution which involved simply creating a separate aliases file for mailman aliases, whose group ownership was set to mailman. That didn't work, nor did setting the separate aliases file's group ownership to nogroup.

Before I go in and reconfigure mailman I thought I'd check here and in the postfix users group to see if anyone had any other alternative solutions.

- Mark
"Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all -- to see life as it is and not as it should be."

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3677 (20081209) __________

http://www.eset.com