[Mailman-Users] multi-list admin report

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 9 02:43:23 CET 2008

Fulvio Casali wrote:

>I manage a few dozen lists on one domain, and I would like to get a view of
>all my lists at a glance, with info for each list:
>
>   - #of subscribers,
>   - names of moderators,
>   - date of most recent post,
>   - total# of posts,
>   - etc.
>
>Is there such a control panel / admin report?

Brad's Mailman Daily Status Report script (mmdsr) is an excelent tool
which generates a daily report including summaries of number of posts
by list and by sender and number of messages sent by time of day as
well as much other useful info from Mailman's logs, but it is a daily
report and doesn't report over longer periods.

If you know Python, it would be fairly easy to generate the

 - #of subscribers,
 - names of moderators,
 - date of most recent post,

type of information from the list's config.pck file, but total number
of posts would have to come from logs.

There are also command line tools such as bin/list_members and
bin/list_owners, and there are some withlist scripts such as
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/last_post.py>. These could be put
together with things like grep, awk, sed and wc in shell scripts to
produce a lot of what you want.

However, other than Brad's mmdsr, I'm not aware of any packaged reports.

You can find mmdsr at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123383&group_id=103&atid=300103>
or in the contrib/ directory of Mailman's source distribution.