[Mailman-Users] listhost vs hostname vs host_name

Will will at tekimaki.com
Mon Dec 8 15:59:26 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Will wrote:
>
>> so we have an automated setup between a CMS forum and mailman to create
>> lists, having a little confusion about what values to pass config_list
>>
>> trying to understand what these three values govern: listhost vs
>> hostname vs host_name
>>

> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/lYA9>.
>
> I don't know what 'listhost' or 'hostname' are. They are not list
> attributes. If you are referring to something specific in the
> documentation, you'll have to tell me what, and I can then translate
> it for you.

sorry I think i mixed myself up and confused listhost for emailhost
> host_name is a list attribute that is described if the above referenced
> FAQ and which is set directly from the -e option to bin/newlist.

really? that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm creating a list with
newlist and passing the subdomain value with -e and it only seems to set
the emailhost value. which works for setting the domain name properly on
some portions of the email like to address, but list-bounces@ and tpls
have the host_name wrong. its not until I set the host_name with
config_list that the subdomain is properly set everywhere.

I do have things working now. but I got it working by setting both -e
and host_name in a config file passed to config_list.

thanks for your help!