[Mailman-Users] Footer question...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 5 18:01:38 CET 2008

Greg and Cheryl Sabens wrote:

>It certainly helps to know the correct terms and words to search.  Sorry for repeating a question that probably gets repeated quite a bit.  I doubt I would have ever been able to find the answer.  I didn't even know what 'munging' was or what it meant so I certainly wouldn't have searched using it.

But what did you search for? Searching the FAQ for footer gives 20 hits
and you might well miss the 4.39 entry, but searching for the two
words footer attachment gives 5 hits and the top excerpt shown is:

[4.39 Mailman is munging HTML & MIME-formatted messages before they are
sent out? (problems with Mailman 2.1.x footers)]  4.39 Mailman is
munging HTML & MIME-formatted messages before they are sent out?
(problems with Mailman 2.1.x footers)  (Documentation)
... Mailman 2.1.x footers) a.k.a., "Why are footers (or message bodies)
being shown as attachments to HTMLformatted messages?" For Mailman
2.0.x, see also 4.05 Why don't the footers ... some list messages?
(Mailman 2.0.x). The problem is that there is no generalpurpose method
of determining where a ...
Jul 31, 2008

I ask because we would always like to improve the searchability of the
FAQ, and if there's something we can add to this to make it easier for
you to find, we'd like to do it.