[Mailman-Users] Gmail issue...

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Dec 5 17:45:19 CET 2008

Dario Ghilardi wrote:

> Hi all,this is not the common question about gmail feature that doesn't
> accept message back.

I'm glad to see that you've already gone through the FAQ and identified what
your problem is not.  Knowing what the problem isn't is at least as
important as knowing what it is.

> I have problems with all gmail accounts (i tried with 2 different but i get
> the same result).
> I can subscribe to the list with a gmail account but i can't send emails to
> that. I can receive others email, but others (and the mailing list too as
> the archives are empty) can't receive mine.

Hmm.  In questions like this, my first response is to ask what is in the MTA
logs on the target side?  Is gmail even contacting the machine in question?
  If it is, are those messages being dropped or quarantined by spam filters?
  Are they being delivered to Mailman but then held for moderation?

Before we can help, we need to know what is in the MTA and Mailman logs that
are relevant to these messages that aren't showing up.