[Mailman-Users] Footer question...

Greg and Cheryl Sabens esabens at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 01:20:05 CET 2008

I apologize in advance because I'm sure my questions below have been discussed over and over.  I have search through Google and the Mailman FAQ and the archives.  I see questions and answers that almost answer these questions of mine but just not quite.

Question #1
So, I'm unclear about something concerning footers (mainly on the Non-digest options).  It appears that whenever I create a footer, something (whether it's mailman or Yahoo!) is adding the following line:

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Can someone tell me where this is originating from.  Sometime is looks like it from Mailman, but I have confirmed that it's not part of the footer that I created.  But sometimes it seems to be in Yahoo! because when I receive the same email in Outlook and that text is not there.

Question #2
Even beyond that, no matter which mail program/service I use (Yahoo! or Outlook), what footer I do create is attached to the email as an attachment.  Again, I don't know what is causing that; 1) is Mailman sending it that way, or 2) are the mail programs/services forcing the footer (which does show up in the email body) to also be attached?

I'd like to have a footer in the body of the email coming through my maillist, but I'd rally rather not have the "-----Inline Attachment Follows-----" text in the body or the footer included as an attachment to the email.

Again, sorry if this is repetitive, but I couldn't find any thread or faq that spoke specifically to these questions...only close to it.

Thank you in advance!
Greg