[Mailman-Users] How about throttling?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Thu Dec 4 05:29:46 CET 2008

On 12/01/2008 02:49 PM, Adam Corley wrote:
> Mailman is the slickest, easy-to-use mailer out there and I'd really
> like to continue using it.  We just need to find a way to throttle it
> on shared hosting!

I believe it is possible to have Mailman use the sendmail (binary /
command) rather than SMTP direct to send emails.  Is it possible to
configure Mailman to instruct sendmail to use queued deliver and then
let it worry about throttling delivery the way that it normally would?

(I say sendmail but any MTA should be able to do this.)

Rather than re-inventing the wheel, why not let something else that
works do it for you?

Grant. . . .