[Mailman-Users] New User trying to get Mailman, Apache2, Postfix working on Ubuntu LTS Server 8.04 for Internet

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Dec 3 20:45:29 CET 2008

Rusty0918 writes:

 > And how exactly do I do that? I've been trying different ways to
 > get Mailman to work properly, and frankly I'm at a big loss, and I
 > mean a big loss.

If "do that" refers to "configure the network routing and DNS
services", you're asking in the wrong place.  Try the Ubuntu forums,
where you'll find people who are familiar with the configuration tools
you'll need to use.  You might also get help from your ISP, who will
likely be the people doing any configuration of routing and DNS to and
from the Internet.

Can you access Apache at all from the LAN?  How about the Internet?
Can you send ordinary mail to the host from other hosts on the LAN?
>From hosts on the Internet?  Can your host send mail to other hosts on
the LAN?  How about out to the Internet?  If your answer to any of the
questions above is "no", you need to fix that problem before coming
back here.