[Mailman-Users] Mailman Cannot Create a New List

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Dec 3 18:11:06 CET 2008

bjk at comauth.co.nz writes:

 > We have installed Mailman via cpanel / Fantastico on

See http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+CPanel.  cPanel has
the general effect of making you entirely dependent on the host; we
can't help.

 > However, the site owner now wants a new list created. The problem is, the
 > link to do this; http://claverton-energy.com/mailman/create - generates a
 > 404 Page Not Found Error... None of  the documentation / trouble-shooting
 > anticipates that particular circumstance - and we have absolutely no idea
 > what to do to resolve it! :-)

Talk to your service provider.  They broke their installation, they
have to fix it.  We can't do it or tell you how to do it; that would
require hacking into their machine, which is unethical, not to mention
illegal.

If *you* installed Mailman and cPanel, that's a different story, but
you'll have to talk to the vendor of cPanel.  Or you can forget
cPanel and we'll explain how to install Mailman properly.