[Mailman-Users] Lapsed domain name

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Dec 3 17:57:23 CET 2008

Amos Glenn writes:

 > But between then and now, the group let the domain name lapse and someone
 > else now owns the domain name. Thus I can no longer get to the Mailman list
 > admin website to turn the list off.
 >
 > I contacted the web host and they were "unresponsive."

What do you mean by "web host"?  The owners of the domain name?  They
very likely can't do anything about it anyway, because they have no
access to the hardware where Mailman is actually running.  In that
case you simply need to get in touch with the service that was running
Mailman for you.

If you mean the host where Mailman is running is unresponsive, there
is nothing you can do except call the cops and tell them the host is
spamming your ex subscribers and won't stop.