[Mailman-Users] New User trying to get Mailman, Apache2, Postfix working on Ubuntu LTS Server 8.04 for Internet

Rusty0918 Rusty0918 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 21:21:54 CET 2008

OK. Someone and I have been attempting to get Mailman working under the
ubuntu platform. I've recently installed the Apache2 Web Server, Postfix,
and Maliman onto my machine. Presently, I'm using Ubuntu LTS Server 8.04,
mostly due to the fact that I'm not sure that all this will work on a
desktop configuration.

I pretty much follow everything on the Ubuntu Server Guide in getting
Apache2, Postfix, and Mailman working. Of course I configure Postfix to work
with mailman, (tweaking the mm_cfg.py of course). The computer name I set on
the installation was computerbroadcastnetwork, though I went inside the
hosts and changed the "computerbroadcastnetwork" to
"computerbroadcastnetwork.com" and set the local address to 127.0.0.1
instead of 127.0.1.1, hoping that would alleviate any problems. I can get
the UI interface working somewhat on my own system, but not on external
systems. When I try to create a new list, and type in my E-mail address to
be notified, it will NOT send.

OK here's the information:
The host name should be "computerbroadcastnetwork.com"

I don't think all the installation guides or anything are going to cut the
mustard for me here. I need the best way to get Mailman working on my
system, and to work correctly on the web.

FYI, my network is a local LAN which uses DHCP. Do I need a DHCP3 server?

I hope one of you can assist me in getting this working on my machine. It's
been a real pain.