[Mailman-Users] Mailman Site Admin email Problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 1 22:19:28 CET 2008

Sean Murphy wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> When sent, the mail is sent to mailman-owner at ... (or whatever the name
>> of the site list is). You can test if this mail is deliverable by just
>> mailing anything to that address.
>>

>I checked the mm_cfg.py and then the defaults.py it is currently set to
>manual, that should be good.  So I think the email address for the site
>admin is incorrect.  I did a couple of searches in those files above
>with no luck.  Where do I change the "site admin's" email address?

As I said, the mail is sent to mailman-owner at ... (assuming the site
list is named 'mailman' and is ultimately sent to the owner of that
list.

Go to the admin web interface for the 'mailman' list (something like
http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/mailman/), log in and set 'owner'
(The list administrator email addresses. Multiple administrator
addresses, each on separate line is okay.)