[Mailman-Users] Mailman not recognizing some bounces?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 26 16:40:47 CEST 2008

I've been working on the SpamBayes filtering on mail.python.org for a couple
weeks.  Now that the training database has matured a bit for the most part
the unsures I see now seem to be bounce messages for a handful of mailing
list subscribers which Mailman doesn't handle automatically.  The most
problematic domains are rediffmail.com, big.or.jp, 163.com, ospaz.ru and
126.com.  The bounce messages from 163.com and 126.com (and I think
big.or.jp) are written in the native character sets (Chinese or Japanese),
so I can understand if Mailman doesn't recognize them.  I'm not sure what
the problem is with the others.

Is this a known issue with Mailman?  Are there workarounds?  We're running
2.1.10.

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/