[Mailman-Users] Preventing accidental resubscription

Darrell Burkey techmgr at case.org.au
Sun Aug 24 08:45:56 CEST 2008

I've had a client ask me how they can keep track of who unsubscribes
from their lists so that they don't accidentally resubscribe the same
address at some later point.

Seems like just keeping a list of addresses of the unsubscribe notices
that come in would be reasonable but they made the point that they would
  have to go through all the bounce notices as well to indentify
addresses that were unsubscribed due to excessive bounces as well.

I've done a fair amount of searching around and haven't seen the topic
raised although it seems likely that it would have been.

Unless anyone has any better advice I'm consider writinging a hack to
copy unsubscribe addresses to a file that can be checked before
subscribing someone.

How do others handle this?

Thanks in advance from downunder.