[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.11 install problem

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Aug 21 20:13:04 CEST 2008

Just solved it!!  When we were installing a separate piece of software,
namely Teralis Helpdesk package, we were forced to upgrade all packages
from blastwave.org.  This upgraded  python to 2.5.1 which I guess is not
supported with mailman yet?  Anyway I found that there is a older
version of python, 2.3.3 in /usr/sfw/bin.  So set that in in my
configure line:

./configure --prefix=/userM/mail-services/mailman2
--with-python=/usr/sfw/bin/python --with-cgi-gid=15

make
make install
went through!!!!

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'