[Mailman-Users] changing Mailman layout

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Aug 18 20:33:51 CEST 2008

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

>Mark Sapiro pisze:
>> OTOH, a reference to "some/javascript" is not going to work because
>> <http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo/some/javascript> is not
>> going to serve the javascript; it's going to attempt to serve the
>> listinfo page for the list named "some".
>
>Thank you Mark - do I read it correctly that javascript files won't work
>and the only thing to do is get rid of it and define graphics in the css
>style sheet?

No. That isn't the question I thought I was answering. I was only
saying that references to files on the server which you include in a
template all need to be absolute. This may extend to references within
the included files; I'm not sure about that.

The other point is you have a lot of flexibility when editing
templates, but for pages not generated from templates, e.g. the
listinfo overview page, you have to actually modify Mailman code.
Earlier in this thread, I indicated a simple way to include a style
sheet reference in all such pages. You could also include definitions
of javascript functions in the same way, but actually calling those
functions in the body of the page would require further modifications.