[Mailman-Users] Reason : Message has implicit destination

Lev Lafayette lev at vpac.org
Mon Aug 18 06:06:44 CEST 2008

----- "Abdul Javid" <javiabd at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
> A member within ( non moderated list ) sent message to the list and it
> went to moderator approval
>
> reason: Message has implicit destination.
>
> what does this mean?

This means the message has been sent without the address for the list was not found in the to: or cc: headers (for example it was sent bcc). I believe it's a spam-protection device.

If you're managing the list via the web interface you could turn off this requirement under "Privacy Options"-"Recipient Filters"

HTH,

--
Lev Lafayette (03) 9925 4909
Systems Administrator