[Mailman-Users] How do I backup the emls in database?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 15 16:32:42 CEST 2008

Strategic Web Design wrote:

>I'm in a pickle here.

I'm guessing that's not an intentional pun. Too bad.

>I have a couple of websites that have over 2000 emails in the mailing list.  I am moving the sites to another server.   How do I extract the emails [preferably a .txt file] so I can put them in the new mailing list on the new server [which is also "mailman"]
>
>I go to members list, and the only options are clicking on the "letters" to view the email addresses.

I assume that means you don't have access to the underlying Mailman
installation, and just have access to the Mailman GUI. In that case,
see the "other ways" at <http://wiki.list.org/x/aYA9>.

If you can get access to the underlying data and are moving to another
Mailman installation, all you need to do to move the list itself is
move the Python pickle that contains the list settings and membership
(lists/<listname>/config.pck) to the new installation. There are a few
more steps to move the list's archives.