[Mailman-Users] changes at aol

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Aug 14 00:05:28 CEST 2008

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
 >
 > >Actually, when lists are personalized you can always use Message-ID to
 > >look up your nice AOL citizen. That't what I do as I use full
 > >personalization option.
 >

 > I'm confused. How do you use the Message-ID for this? Even when
 > messages are fully personalized, every recipient's message has the
 > Message-ID of the original, incoming message.

Well, we could provide a Resent-Message-ID.  If it's not present in
the AOL bounce and they won't provide it, we just say "We log every
outgoing message so we can fix these problems.  Provide the
corresponding Resent-Message-ID or it's not our problem, you're simply
arbitrarily throwing away your customers' mail."

But what it really comes down to is that they are arbitrarily throwing
away their customers' mail, and their customers apparently like it
that way.