[Mailman-Users] Question about mailing lists

Danny Shain dannyshain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:28:15 CEST 2008

Dragon, Mark,

Thanks for the quick replies.  Dragon, I'd been having a brief conversation
with Mark away from the listserv and we actually got to just about the same
point.  I have a webmail account provided by my hosting which is technically
the recipient of all mailman emails, which I then have forwarding to a gmail
account.  I didn't understand why it was forwarding welcome/approval/error
messages but not my actual posts, which I eventually verified were in fact
being sent to my webmail account.  POP3 refused to fetch them too.  Your
gmail is intentionally hiding them from me.  (Even though the gmail account
is not registered with mailman, I'm sending my posts out from gmail under
the identity of my webmail account, and I guess google is "smart" enough to
know that when it sees the forwarded message coming back.)  Aside from the
data collecting I've generally been a fan of every gmail feature, but I
guess I was bound to find one that seems stupid eventually.  I can't believe
there's not even an option somewhere to disable this "feature" if you so
choose.

I turned on "receive acknowledgment of own posts" and I get those, and I do
see a copy in my sent mail.  So I guess everything was working perfectly all
along and I just didn't know it.  Plus it was in the FAQ.  Hope saying
thanks again makes up for that :).

Thanks for helping me out and saving me a lot of wasted time and effort, I
really appreciate it,

~Danny