[Mailman-Users] Question about mailing lists

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Wed Aug 13 16:55:06 CEST 2008

Danny Shain wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I want to start off by saying I think it's great that this community exists,
>with people willing to help people.  I have a question that is dealt with on
>the FAQ, but before you roll your eyes I'm still posting here because the I
>didn't find the FAQ entry helpful.  Maybe you're still rolling your eyes,
>but hear me out.
>
>FAQ Entry 1.7. I've set up Mailman, created a list, and added myself to the
>list, but I don't get any messages!
>
>That's my problem.  Maybe it's because I'm using mailman through a third
>party (Lunarpages webhosting), but I don't see anything about cronjobs or
>aliases, etc.  But I send emails to the mailing list, the emails show up in
>the mailing list archives, and yet nobody on the list receives messages.  If
>anybody has an idea of what I can try next I would greatly appreciate it!
>Otherwise I'll probably end up using yahoo or something.

You are using a gmail address to post here.

Did you subscribe this gmail address to the list?

If so, that is the problem as gmail will not send list posts back to
you that are already present in your outgoing mailbox.

This is a known problem and Google appears to not give a damn about fixing it.

Please see:

http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/I+use+Gmail-Googlemail%2C+but+I+can%27t+tell+if+any+of+my+messages+have+been+posted+to+the+list

Dragon