[Mailman-Users] Manually bouncing messages to a mailman list

Cristian Rigamonti cri at linux.it
Wed Aug 13 14:39:47 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 07:50:34AM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> It's not the added headers. It's the X-BeenThere: header in the original
> message. You have to remove it.

Uhm, I've checked both the original message and the bounced message (going
out of my mutt), and neither contains the "X-BeenThere: " header. The only
difference is the Resent-* headers (mutt also strips the "Delivered-To: " header
from bounced messages).

Let me clarify the scenario:
- Somebody sends me a message
- I think the message should really go to the list, not to me
- I bounce the message to the list (if the original sender is not subscribed to
  the list I expect to find it in the moderation queue)
- The message disappears

> There is a "Discarded message" entry in Mailman's vette log, but since
> you don't have access, you can't see it.

Thanks, I'll ask the sysadmin to have a look at that.

Cri

--
GPG/PGP Key-Id 0x943A5F0E      -    http://www.linux.it/~cri/cri.asc