[Mailman-Users] Question about mailing lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 13 05:21:38 CEST 2008

Danny Shain wrote:

>FAQ Entry 1.7. I've set up Mailman, created a list, and added myself to the
>list, but I don't get any messages!
>
>That's my problem.  Maybe it's because I'm using mailman through a third
>party (Lunarpages webhosting), but I don't see anything about cronjobs or
>aliases, etc.  But I send emails to the mailing list, the emails show up in
>the mailing list archives, and yet nobody on the list receives messages.

Since you refer to cronjobs and aliases, I assume you have seen FAQ
4.78 <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>. The problem is most of the things
that FAQ refers to are not available to you in a hosted environment.

Since the messages are getting archived, a lot is working.

Do the members have delivery enabled and not digest mode? I.e. are the
"nomail" and "digest" columns unchecked in the Membership List?

Is mail bouncing? I.e. make sure bounce_processing and the
Notifications are set to Yes on the Bounce processing page. Then click
on member addresses in the Membership List and make sure there's no
indication of bouncing near the top of the membership page.

If all the above seems OK, you'll have to get help from the hosting
service.