[Mailman-Users] several questions.

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sat Aug 9 06:29:11 CEST 2008

Thanks for the explanation, Mark. I've never used anything but plain
text digests, so I didn't know there was a way to get attachments that
way.

On 8 Aug 08, at 20:18, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> All the attachments that were included in the individual messages sent
> to a list (i.e. not removed by content filtering) are in the MIME
> format digest.
>
> Attachments of types other than plain text are scrubbed from the plain
> format digest and stored in the archive and replaced by URLs to the
> scrubbed attachments in the plain digest.
>
> So yes, plain digests do not contain the attachments, but do contain
> links to the attachments, but MIME digests contain the attachments in
> the digest.

:::: The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the poplace
alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series
of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -- HL Mencken
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AQ25-27>