[Mailman-Users] Sendmail performance

Knabe, Troy knabe at 4j.lane.edu
Fri Aug 8 21:11:04 CEST 2008

So my sendmail start script included /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q5m

So I made it  /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=defer \
       -ODaemonPortOptions=Name=MSA,Port=1313,M=E,Addr=127.0.0.1

On 8/8/08 12:04 PM, "Mark Sapiro" <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

Knabe, Troy wrote:

>You can do this without modifying your sendmail files at all. Instead, in your startup script, add:
>
>        /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=defer \
>                -ODaemonPortOptions=Name=MSA,Port=NNNN,M=E,Addr=127.0.0.1

Did you ADD that, or replace something with that?

I know little about sendmail, but I think that is supposed to start an
additional sendmail daemon to listen on localhost:NNNN. It should have
no effect on other sendmail daemons.