[Mailman-Users] Question re: creating new lists from the GUI

Simon tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Aug 5 22:56:21 CEST 2008

mydomain.com - so lists would be just list at mydomain.com

Remember, I didn't set this up, I inherited it, so I'm trying to fix it.

>> 1. just one domain for list mail

> If that is the domain which is currently DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, which I
> gather is 'myhost.mydomain.com', then I think everything should work
> if you just mail to that domain.
>
> So what is this domain?

That is it, but I don't want to have to use the host. part, because
everyone is used to just list at mydomain.com.

>> 2. just one domain for web access

> And is this the DEFAULT_URL_HOST domain?

yes.

>> 3. it is a virtual domain in postfix, but it is the only one, and I
>> don't see that changing.

> And which domain is this?

mydomain.com

I guess the problem is that whoever originally set this up used
myhost.mydomain.com for the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.