[Mailman-Users] line returns missing

Michael Welch mwelch at redwoodalliance.org
Sun Aug 3 02:37:17 CEST 2008

Hi Mark.

Mark Sapiro wrote at 05:16 PM 8/2/2008:

>I doubt it has to do with character set.
>
>Also, I don't know what you (Michael) mean by "display with no line
>returns". If you mean that lines don't wrap to the width of the
>display window in your MUA but have a horizontal scroll bar, that is
>almost certainly an issue with your MUA.

What I mean is that every line and paragraph is run together so that they are one long line, including the quoting of the previous message that did not have the problem. Even the footers that are added in by Mailman are suffering the problem. I have pasted an example below.

>Some MUAs, notably including Yahoo and various Microsoft products,
>compose mail in "word processor" paragraph form where each paragraph
>is one long line. The more standards aware of these will encode the
>body as quoted-printable so that the lines sent over the wire are less
>than 80 characters, but the decoded body still has these long lines.
>
>Most MUAs, when viewing such a message, will wrap the long lines to
>window width or at least have settings to control this.

Right, mine wraps to the window width.

>In order to see if there is any Mailman involvement in this, we would
>need to see two copies of the same message as raw messages with all
>headers and MIME structure intact; one as sent to the list or received
>by Cc or Bcc without going through Mailman (which presumably doesn't
>have this issue) and one as received from the list.

Since I moved the list to mailman, I have counted 3 out of the 64 messages that are reacting this way. They are not my messages, but those coming from 3 other members. I do not think I will ask every list member to remember to cc me separately so that I can get comparative email headers. So, I guess I am stuck with this.

Here is the example paste I promised above:

The temp sensor suggestion makes a lot of sense. Also, what is the specific gravity?  I suspect they are sulphated, maybe severely.  But that's easily remedied with an equalization charge with the generator. We have a 24v single string of the very same batteries in an off grid system and if they don't get at least quarterly the max charge possible from a dual stack of SW4024's and 12kW Kohler funny things start to happen.  That's about 200 amps depending on a few factors.  Voltage and trimetric will indicate a full charge but the SG is way down below 50% and of course SG typically trump other indicators. (IE, water wasn’t just added) Warning: Be very careful about equalizing with the generator in the summer time.  I "know a guy" who had a set HUP's do a thermal run away from "him" just last summer and "he" really thought he was watching things closely. Rob Shappell called "him" back at 9PM Rob's time from a birthday party on a Friday night to explain what happened to me....er, I mean that guy I know. Much appreciation to Rob and Jean! They are great at supporting their product. Travis Creswell Ozark Energy Services -----Original Message----- From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org [mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of jay peltz Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 11:27 AM To: RE-wrenches Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Surrette Battery Question I presume there is a temp sensor on the CC and inverter. And if the battery temps are higher then the voltage termination  would be lower which could explain it. Or,  I have seen them get off calibration which would cause a  difference in charge set points. jay peltz power On Aug 2, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Drake Chamberlin wrote: > Hi Allan, > > On a previous thread, it seems that Surrette batteries like a fast  > charge periodically.  At one time (as I recall) is was recommended  > to give them a C/5 once a week, but the company said that was not  > necessary.  I don't know of C/13 to C/18 charges would be enough.   > Can your customer run the generator for a quick charge after  > cycling them down? > > Drake > > At 08:29 AM 8/2/2008, you wrote: >> Did this customer check the voltage of the individual batteries/ >> cells? Maybe there is a weak cell developing. Sometimes EQing can  >> take a long time. I do not "buy" that batteries need to be cycled  >> to stay healthy. >> >> Todd >> >> jay peltz wrote: >> >>> _______________________________________________ List sponsored by Home Power magazine RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org http://lists.re-wrenches.org/listinfo.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org List rules & etiquette: http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm Check out participant bios: www.members.re-wrenches.org No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.526 / Virus Database: 270.5.10/1586 - Release Date: 8/1/2008 6:59 PM No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.526 / Virus Database: 270.5.10/1586 - Release Date: 8/1/2008 6:59 PM _______________________________________________ List sponsored by Home Power magazine RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org http://lists.re-wrenches.org/listinfo.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org List rules & etiquette: http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm Check out participant bios: www.members.re-wrenches.org

Michael Welch, volunteer
Redwood Alliance
PO Box 293
Arcata, CA 95518