[Mailman-Users] Question re: creating new lists from the GUI

Simon tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sat Aug 2 21:53:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm in the process of cleaning up an older mailman install I inherited,
and am having a few issues, but I'll deal with them one at a time... I'm
still learning linux/postfix/mailman (and everything else), so please be
gentle. :)

Environment:
Gentoo / kernel 2.6.23
postfix 2.5.2
mailman 2.1.11

I have just upgraded mailman from 2.1.9 to 2.1.11 and everything is
working fine as far as existing lists is concerned.

This issue has to do with creating new lists from the GUI. I created a
list and was able to log into its admin interface and manage the config
without any apparent problems.

But when I send a test message to the list, I get an error 'user unknown
in virtual mailbox table' (yes I'm using postfix)...

Obviously the mailman aliases are not getting generated, but I'm not
sure where to look to fix it... I've googled for a while now, but
haven't managed to find the magic keywords to find the answer.

Tia...

Simon