[Mailman-Users] line returns missing

Michael Welch mwelch at redwoodalliance.org
Sat Aug 2 20:00:44 CEST 2008

Hi gang. Every now and then, I get messages from the list that display with no line returns. I have seen this happen on this Mailman-Users list, and recall that the problem was that Eudora for Windows did not handle a particular type of charset properly.

Now I am getting these occasionally from my own list. I do not recall this happening with anything other than messages from Mailman. None of my list members have complained (yet), but I would love to have your opinion if this is a list problem or my personal email client.

Here are the ContentTypes for three of the messages, along with the sender's email client:

Original posted by MS Outlook 11
 text/plain; charset="windows-1250"

Original posted by Yahoo web mail
 text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Original posted by Microsoft Exchange V6.5
 text/plain; charset="iso-8859-7"

Thanks for your help and advice.

Michael Welch, volunteer
Redwood Alliance