[Mailman-Users] Mailman posting question

Bill Honneus (honneus) honneus at cisco.com
Fri Aug 1 16:57:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a Mailman setup integrated with Sendmail on the same server.
When my list sends out posting updates via the bounces address, i.e.
mylist-bounces at mydomain.com, one of the recipients is an internal user
defined on the same local server.  So my question is, when the
mylist-bounces sends out the updates, do the messages destined for local
addresses go directly to the local address without hitting the outside
or does mailman send all the messages out to the Internet, and then
those messages get routed back to the local machine?  This is assuming
that no special routing is set up with Sendmail MTA.

Thanks,

Bill