[Mailman-Users] Patch to allow regular_exclusion _lists to function on hosted systems?

Cris McConkey cris at tompkinsagainstwar.org
Fri Aug 1 16:31:59 CEST 2008

      // Option

*regular_exclude_lists* (nondigest): Other mailing lists on this site
whose members are excluded from the regular (non-digest) delivery if
those list addresses appear in a To: or Cc: header.

This option for non-digest mail is so duplicate posts are not sent out
subscribers to more than one list in a particular domain when a message
is sent to more than one list --a very important function that as list
owner I have been patiently waiting for.  Now, Mailman supports it, but
still there is a nered for a patch on hosted systems.

The hosting service I use to host various lists under one domain is
aware of the problem that the list exclusion function does not work.
This apparently has to do with aliases used for the list name in the
shared environment.   It seems that the common  list address is not the
"real" list address and so  exclusions based on  what appears in the To:
and Cc: lines do not work.

Has anyone worked on a patch?  If so, please contact me.

Thanks,

Cris