[Mailman-Users] Possibly a simple question about delivery

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 30 23:15:20 CEST 2008

Richard Bates wrote:

>I am testing a postfix mail server with mailman
>My question/problem is
>
>on normal delivery mail gets delivered to
>/home/user/Maildir
>for imap use.
>
>when mailman delivers the mail it sends it to
>/var/mail
>
>why and how do i fix it?

Are you saying that mail from Mailman to a local user gets delivered to
the user's mailbox in /var/mail, but mail to this same user from a
different source gets delivered to /home/user/Maildir?

If so, what happens with other mail originating on this same box? And,
is this the same Postfix MTA doing the delivery in both cases?

In any case, this appears to be a Postfix issue although I don't know
what. It appears you have the appropriate "home_mailbox = Maildir/"
setting in main.cf, but if this works for some mail and not for
Mailman's mail, I think it must have to do with the host and port via
which Mailman's mail arrives to Postfix, and not with it's coming from
Mailman per se.